Well friends I have much to write and our day has only just ended after getting
straight off the train and into the fray. We did get to meet Ariya and the institute
and her care takers were absolutely the most humbling and kind group to us.
All paperwork and signatures were expedited by them on our behalf and all looked
to be about as clean as could be, when we hit a very grim snag. The local village judge
will not process our international adoption. He lacks the necessary license and refuses
to allow the venue to be changed stating we will just have to wait for up to 2 years
until the law changes or something else happens. It has been a devastating setback
and Lorene and I are utterly exhausted. Our facilitators are warning us that it will probably
be a minimum of 6 months before this can be resolved "quickly". Im a grown man and
after finally finding a private moment I wept like a baby.
Right now the future is uncertain. We've heard conflicting news about what avenues we
might take, but none of it sounds very promising.
Lorene and I could use your prayers. It is unfathomable to me that all the things that
SHOULD have stood in our way - the institute, the directors, the ministry of adoption,
all fell away like dust, and the one thing that is a technicality has proven to stop us dead in
Lorene here: Tomorrow we will know more. Our facilitator has a plan in the works so we
will see what happens!