Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What's in a name?

Names are important.  Our new daughter already has a name.  I am not allowed - due to country restrictions - to divulge her real name.  She is almost 12 years old so her name is a part of her.  I don't know if whoever named her put any effort into naming her.  Was it given out of love?  Was it just given in a similar fashion to "Jane Doe"?  What I do know is that I want her to have a name picked out of love.  A name picked just for HER.  She will be losing much though when we adopt her.  I struggle with taking her given name from her so we are keeping an open mind about it.  What we have done is picked a name that just happens to resemble her current name.  It is a bit more "American" but most important it was picked out of love just for her.  Ariya Joy.
I am so anxious to meet her.  I'm full of anxiety as well.  I can't wait!

                                    For Ariya




                                             



1 comment: