Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A kick to the gut

This afternoon I received a message from the person responsible (Julia Nalle) for us finding Rebecca.  She is in contact with the facilitator that handles adoptions in the region we are going.
We had been told that the directer of the orphanage Rebecca was at fought for her to be transferred to a good place.  A decent place - if that truly exists.  Today Julia received a message regarding our daughter.  This is that message:

"Hello! Julia I found information about Rebecca's orphanage. She is in a village, in _________ region. Her orphanage is not very good, I can say that it's a very bad. They have never had adoption there. They don't have money even for medicine for children, I am very happy that Rebecca will have a family and I hope that they will come soon and take her from that terrible place"

  I can not tell you how sick I suddenly feel inside.  We knew she was transferred.  We knew it wouldn't be as great of a place that she had come from.  We hoped it was nice.  We prayed it was adequate at minimum.  I feel sad.  Angry.  Why??  Would God allow her to be put in a place that is labeled at "terrible" by someone who has experience knowing "terrible"?  
I don't even have words.  I would like to please beg and plead for prayers for Rebecca.  Pray she is safe, cared for.  I don't want her sweet spirit to be crushed.  Pray that our paperwork gets finished quickly.  Pray we get the necessary money needed to go get her.  I'm so overwhelmed with worry and sadness right now.  

4 comments:

  1. Praying for Rebecca and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying continually for her. Such a sense of desperation. All we can do is pray and trust that our heavenly Father loves her even more than we do and will protect her. We need to get her home quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your sweet girl, and for those now responsible for her care, as well as for you and your family. I hope Rebecca's adoption journey is completed with record speed, and that it will lead to many more adoptions from the institution where she is now living, and better conditions for those left behind.

    Susan in Kentucky
    Cousin to 2 from U.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying! We know that sense of desperation to just get there and get your child out! We ache for Rebecca and Charlie and can't wait to see them in their families forever! Praying every day for you all!

    ReplyDelete