Thursday, July 19, 2012

surgery day

Well, we made it to Philadelphia just fine. The hospital called and wants us there at 6:30. It is 4:00 now and I've been awake for hours. I have such a headache. I will be glad to have today behind me. I hope Ember doesn't have much discomfort. She is terrified of drs. Cant say I blame her. When we first adopted Ember she needed to have bloodwork done. I took her to the local hospital where after about 6 tries to poke her and find a vein they quit. We then went downtown to a bigger hospital where again they tried too many times to draw blood with no luck. We set up an appt to have Ember sedated at the children's hospital where they would then draw her blood. It took 2 hrs. for them to get enough blood for the tests. They were unable to use her arms or ankle area and were able to just get enough from her groin before they lost that vein. Oh I dread today. I hope they can find a vein. The anethesiologist agreed to sedate her first before inserting the iv. My poor girl. Please pray for no pain and for her comfort both physical and emotional. She just gets so scared around nurses and drs. and pretty much anyone who wants to look at her.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for both of you. May the Lord give you His peace and endurance throughout the day.
    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete