Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Amazing

Look at this picture!!
I can not begin to tell you what a big deal this is and how hard this is for her. Normally she needs us to stabilize her rt. knee, or hold her arms - some type of support. I had been able to get her to stand alone for a max. of 5 secs. before her legs give out or she starts crying and panicking to be "all done!". I told her to stand strong so I could tie her shoe and she just kept standing! She stood alone for maybe an entire 60 or 70 secs. That is an eternity for her. I am so proud. She seemed quite pleased with herself! She is a miracle in the making. On another note - we got a letter in the mail yesterday from Shriner's hospital in Erie, PA saying that Ember has an appt. with their upper extremity orthopedic surgeon on May 30. I had applied for care there months and months ago and had sort of written it off but now we go soon! Go Ember!!

3 comments:

  1. omgoodness!!!! YAYYYY Ember!!!! Glad to hear Erie finally got back to you! I hope you're seeing Dr. Cermak! Can't wait to see the video of Ember walking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising the LORD with you all!!! I love her smile! The kids are going to be SOOO happy to see her smiling and standing on her own 2 feet. You all are doing such a great job with her..... an AWESOME family!! Many hugs, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't looked at blogs in ages...but just wandered on tonight and saw this!!! awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete