Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Terrible blogger, I know

I admit I am not good at keeping up with the blog. I am sorry for that. I have so many pictures I would love to upload but they are on my camera and I don't have a way to get them on to my husbands computer so I have to rely on the pictures he takes with his cell phone. The whole process is more than my mind can handle right now!
Ember is doing good. She no longer cries when we come get her and she doesn't bat an eye when Thad takes her. Sometimes she retreats inside herself still but most of our visits are pleasant and we can get smiles and even a few laughs from her. Today we actually got to feed her both breakfast and lunch. Breakfast was some oatmeal type of food and lunch was both a chicken soup and also some ground beef mixed with either applesauce or potato gruel. Couldn't tell. She ate fairly well for me - with encouragement from her caretakers. When she refused more from me they grabbed the spoon and she ate more for them.
The orphanage is quite nice. The grounds are quite lovely and they have plenty of toys.
Our days are pretty much like this: get up and take long walk to catch the bus to the orphanage to get there by 9:00. Visit until around 11:00 and catch bus back to our stop and walk the long walk (uphill) back. Get lunch. Rest. Around 4:00 we repeat the process and try and visit from around 5:00 until 6:00 or a little after. Then dinner and bed. It is very tiring.
I have a specific prayer request. We have a court appt. for Friday afternoon. Our facilitators are waiting on paperwork to arrive from Kiev that are needed by court. If they arrive, we can have court, catch a weekend train to Kiev, go to the embassy Mon. morning and fly home Tues. This would mean so much because we could be home for our son's 8th grade graduation on Wed. If the paperwork doesn't come before Friday, we have to reschedule court and we will not be home Wed. Please pray for court on Friday.
Enjoy the pictures. Each visit Ember is dressed in different clothes so we see her in a variety of outfits each day. The others are of the orphanage and grounds.





8 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Ember is beginning to bond with you both, and that she is no long terrified. I will pray for court on Friday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could she get any cuter than that little hat picture??? :) I'm praying for a Friday court date as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the smile with the sunglasses!! praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ember is such a doll. So excited for your family and I can't wait to see you home together.

    Blessings,
    Rachel Whitmire
    Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
    Reeces Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
    www.reecesrainbow.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this late last night and didn't get to post until now .... so.... did the paperwork arrive on time? Were you able to have court today? I hope you can make it back in time ... I know that this is esp. important to you and your son. Ember is a doll and Rick has been praying for her to warm up to Thad... he will be so glad to hear the news! Still praying for you all! Hugs, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got through with my "Ember Vimeo Marathon" .... TOO CUTE! Many tears ... love her smile! Hugs for me. So glad she has her Mama and Papa. Many prayers, Grace

    ReplyDelete