Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Series of unfortunate events

Well we are here. Finally. Our flight from Chicago to Munich ended up being delayed nearly 3 1/2 hrs. so we missed the only flight from Munich to Kiev. So, we ended up flying to Munich, then on to Frankfurt, and finally Kiev. Oh it was a long couple of days. While there we had no internet which was torture! My mom and I did have a nice couple days touring around though.
Monday night we caught the 15 hr. train to Ember's region. We were picked right up at the station and brought to the orphanage to start paperwork. We were able to see Ember for a short time until our we needed to leave for Ember's birth city where we needed to conduct some business. Once there we were told "not today". Not only that but we were told "not Wed. either". We cannot proceed with the next step until that is finished.
This evening our facilitator called and told us that we are going to go again in the morning and try. BUT that the earliest we can hope to be completed here is Thurs. but more likely Fri. or Monday. Then we still have a couple days worth of work in Kiev. No short trip for us I guess.
I don't have pictures today but will add some tomorrow. Today is the first time we've been able to have access to the "net" and it feels good!


  1. Oh, Lorene...that sounds like a nightmare trip over. And now the typical EE paperwork vagueness! Bless your heart. I hope once you get to spend some time with Ember you'll feel better.

  2. I'm so sorry for all your roadblocks! But I'm glad you got to get internet back and you are back able to visit Ember!! Praying for a smooth trip from here on out.

  3. WOW! Certainly pray for smoother sailing from today on... we will pray that "paperwork people" will cooperate! God's Blessings, Becky Boland and family

  4. Praying here! Make the most of it ... God has no delays ... remember He's always right on time. Remember all you can about Ember's homeland. It'll be so good that you'll have these memories made with her grandma to share with her when she is older. Hugs, Grace

  5. and let me guess you had to pay a $100 each time you went back? We went one day and the organization was closed so Sasha had to go back another day and $200 later...