Friday, June 10, 2011

On the road again...

Today my mom and I head back to Eastern Europe. I woke up this morning with just a terrible headache. I am really struggling with my emotions the last couple days. I think I'm tired. I want this to be over. I want Ember to be home and my family to be all together.
I am so glad that my mom and I are taking an extra day at the start to see some of what Ember's country has to offer. There are some beautiful and historic sites and I am grateful we will get to experience some of that. Monday night we will catch our train and Tuesday we'll be in Ember's region. I can not wait to hold her. I can not wait to take her out of the orphanage forever. She is a precious jewel that is worth this effort.
Please pray that we have smooth travels - we only have a 35 min. layover when we arrive in Munich to catch our next flight. It isn't likely we'll make it but I have learned time and again that anything is possible!
Next post will be from the other side of the world! Ember, here I come.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe we'll see you on Tuesday. We're heading over to the orphanage after court in the morning. Praying for safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having trouble commenting but I've been trying to follow along as much as possible. You're so close to the finish Lorene! It hasn't even been a year since our meet-up and all this has happened since - amazing! Looking forward to seeing Ember home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! So happy for you and can't wait to see pictures of Ember at home!

    Please let me know if you need anything during this transition. I'm here to listen or offer ideas if you need them. Also, please join us on the After the Rainbow yuku board.

    Blessings,
    Rachel Whitmire
    Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
    Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adopiton Ministry
    rachel@reecesrainbow.org
    www.reecesrainbow.org

    ReplyDelete