Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tickets are booked

May 21 we will be leaving for Eastern Europe. The time is coming up so quickly - how will I get everything done here that needs to be done! I'm worried I'll forget something important. I worry about my kids while we're gone. I worry that our trip will end up taking longer than planned and Thad will run into work trouble. I worry that we will not have enough money - especially if we have to stay longer. So many worries. God is bigger than my worries. I know that, and am immensely grateful for that. But in my humanness I battle to remember that He is in control. I feel myself fighting to control everything I can right now because so much is out of my control. This is hard for me.

8 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you! The total lack of control is probably the hardest thing about this process. Well, that and the waiting...and you are almost done with that part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you an email!! Praying for all of your worries Sweetie!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you are a mom yourself, you know that as a mom it is hard to see your children going through stressful and trying times. Control is not easy to give up! But since so many things are out of your control you might as well stop fighting to get control and give it to God who we know is working for your good and wants what is best. Your load is heavy enough honey so my prayer for you and Thad is that you can lean on your heavenly Father who promises to see you through and carries you when you become weary. It will work out! We have to believe that!
    Mom G

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Cast all your care upon Him, for He careth for you." Praying for you .... keep trusting and depending upon Him! Hugs, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for you all Lorene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you! I can't wait for you to meet your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe we'll bump into each other...we leave on the 21st also :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a big problem for me too...I am certainly a control freak, and not being able to control this (the timeline, the money, etc) is one of the hardest parts about it.
    Elizabeth
    www.moveanymountian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete