Friday, May 20, 2011

Less than 24 hrs.

Well, the time is here. Tomorrow we head out to meet Ember. Right now the "plan" is that we settle in for a day or so and then Tues. May 24 at 11:00 am we have our SDA appointment when we officially get Ember's referral. This will give us permission to travel to her region and meet her! Paperwork takes about 24 hrs. so hopefully on Wed. night we will board a train for the 15 hr. ride to the region where she resides. I hope we get to meet her on Thurs. when we arrive! I can hardly believe it is time already. So much preparation, expense, prayer.
I have a couple of specific prayer requests.
1. Pray for a quick court date - this can take anywhere from 2 - 3 weeks after our SDA appt. Thad can NOT miss more work, we can NOT be apart from our kids that long, we can NOT afford to stay longer...

2. Pray for our kids at home. They will be fine without us but 3 weeks is a long time. Especially Sienna - she is so young and just at that clingy stage. I will miss them all tremendously.

3. Pray for Ember. Her world is about to be turned upside down. Even though WE know this is better for her than living in an institution, she doesn't know that. She will likely be afraid of us.

We will try and update here as much as we can. Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and I will be praying for you and Ember.
    www.moveanymountian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still praying for all of you, including Ember. :) I am looking forward to reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about you guys on and off all day! I am so excited for you and will be praying that things go quickly and exactly as they need to, in order for you to get back home for Thad's work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorene, I'm so behind, but I'm so excited to see that you'll be meeting your girl very soon!! We'll be praying for a quick and smooth process for all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorene and Thad we are thrilled you are finally getting closer. can't wait to meet up with you in region. Praying for all your requests.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying! Praying! Praying!!!!!! I have had your date marked on my calendar ever since it was posted! I am so excited for Ember to have her forever family! Please give her a hug for us. I know you understand. Hugs and prayers, Grace

    ReplyDelete