Thursday, May 26, 2011

Big Day

Today was a big, tiring day! We spent 15 hrs on a train to get to Ember's region. Once we got here it has been a whirlwind of business and paperwork. We also finally stopped at the orphanage. After meeting the directer and answering her questions they brought Ember in. Oh my what a darling, tiny, scared little soul. She was so sad. We visited for only about 10 min. in which if we got too close she started crying. Poor baby. Tomorrow we will head over there around 9:00 for an hr. and I hope to be able to hold her then.
This is very tiring. Mentally exhausting. I think we are don't with paperwork for a few days so we can concentrate on our visits with Ember and getting her used to us.



7 comments:

  1. Oh, she is just beautiful! I'm praying for her spirit that she will adjust well and feel safe with you in a supernatural way! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorene she is gorgeous. My eyes filled with tears just looking at her sweet face. I have been praying for her adjustment and I will continue to pray! I'm so glad you took the time to post this update even though I know you've got to be completely exhausted. I've been checking every few hours, waiting for the first glimpse of Ember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lor and Thad,
    She is darling, but you know that already :) I am praying for you all. This will not be easy for any of you. Praying that the Lord will comfort her and strengthen her in a way only He can. May you also feel his strength, love, and peace during these next couple days.
    I can't wait to find out more about her.
    Hugs to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what joy to see you finally meeting Ember. She'll warm up you'll see. Get some good rest :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sentis-
    I am reading this with tears in my eyes. What a beautiful picture. Lorene the look of joy on your face is priceless. We will continue to lift your family up before His throne and will pray especially for precious little Ember and all of the changes she will be experiencing.
    Blessings,
    the Ohlman's

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! she is beautiful!! give her time she will soon love being held :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and Ember. Praying that tomorrow will be better and that she will warm up to you soon. I love the picture! She's adorable! Love and hugs, Grace

    ReplyDelete