Thursday, April 21, 2011

Why we ask

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do"

We ask for Ember. We had not planned on adopting a child - especially a handicapped child who will need lots of medical care and treatment. However as you can see our minds have been changed. We feel absolutely confident that we are supposed to add Ember to our family. We know we can provide her with shelter, food, medical care, and most of all love. Our only obstacle is finances. International adoption costs around $26,000 - it is a crazy, unfair, ridiculous cost! I don't know many families who have that kind of money - I know we don't. Should that be a deterrent in giving a home to a child who would otherwise end up in an institution? We don't think so. We ask for help not for US, but for a helpless child. We are making personal sacrifices to bring her home - we've about emptied our bank account, sold things on ebay, not taken a family vacation, etc. We still need the help of others.
We know God commands us to take care of the orphans. Each of those orphans - including Ember - is God's child. Everyone can make a difference. We are prayerfully asking you to help us make a difference for Ember.

Our iPad 2 giveaway continues yet for another week! Details can be found HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Praying about something specific ... will let you know soon. Love and prayers, Grace

    ReplyDelete