Thursday, April 28, 2011

Guess where we'll be May 24?

We'll be in Eastern Europe! Our SDA appt. to receive Ember's official referral is scheduled for May 24!! In less than a month we will be meeting our daughter for the first time! It looks like we will be leaving for her capital city around May 21 and once we get her referral we will be able to travel to her region and actually get to see her. I am so excited. I am so nervous! Suddenly it seems like I have so much to worry about!
I also get choked up when I think about leaving my other kids for 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. I will miss them so much! I will be missing my oldest son's graduation from the 8th grade. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of life, but to him it is a big deal. We'll also be missing this same son's 14th birthday. I know he understands, but it still makes me sad. We'll have to celebrate a bit early!
Then there is my middle boy. My precious 12 yr. old. He is not at all in favor of this adoption. Change doesn't come so easy for him. Please pray that he will welcome Ember without reservation. I do worry about him.
We could use so many prayers now. Ember could also use the prayers. Her little world is going to be turned upside down! Oh goodness I just can't wait to scoop her up and soothe her worries away.
Only 2 more days for our ipad 2 giveaway! Don't miss your chance to get an entry into the drawing! Remember, your donations are not only appreciated - they are tax deductable!

7 comments:

  1. I can not wait to see her with you! She is so blessed :) Maybe we can meet up in Philly?!?!?
    I just donated to your give-away, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your time is coming up soon.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited to finally have an actual date. It seems much more real now. The next couple of weeks will be busy spent planning and preparing for your departure. The grammas and grandpa here will do all we can to make things as easy as possible for everyone. Once you are all safely back home we can begin to celebrate and enjoy our newest family member, Ember!

    Grandpa Gary & Gramma G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I am Marcy's SC friend... I am praying for you and your family as you add your new little miracle! I cannot imagine all of the emotions you are having right now but I know she is one lucky little girl! I will keep up with her story through your post and through Marcy. I know you cant wait to have your whole family together!! Love, Becky Boland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for your family everyday! I am so excited that you will get to hold Ember and meet her so soon. It is also exciting to see your $ amount go up on Reeces Rainbow.
    Andrea Roseman

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to meet another RR family while in region! Praying for you guys! You have a real doll baby there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ember is a living doll! Congrats on your SDA date!

    ReplyDelete