Sunday, March 27, 2011

Is it worth it?

I suppose that to some, the answer is no. The cost of adoption is staggering really. I know that many people wonder why we are out here fundraising for this adoption. We made this decision, right? Shouldn't we be able to pay for it? Adoption was not part of our plan. It isn't something we had been saving for, planning on, or even remotely considering. God had other plans. That is really the only explanation I have. Adoption costs roughly $24000. It is too big a mountain for us to climb alone. However, when you compare to the life of a child $24000 is nothing. If you don't believe that children are dieing while they wait to be adopted you are wrong. This is Carrington.
Cute little girl right?
THIS is Carrington underneath her layers of clothing.
She is 3 yrs. old and weights 11 lbs. Her family JUST came home with her last week and rushed her the hospital where she was hours from death. She is from the same country Ember is in. Sadly this is NOT uncommon. I could fill up page after page of horrific pictures of what is going on now with orphans where Ember is. MY daughter. God's children. Carrington is a daughter of my Lord. Ember is also a daughter of my Lord. My Lord, my God is calling on ME, on my family to save Ember from a life of no hope and no possibility. This is likely a life and death decision to Ember.
Is it worth it? Yes, it is worth it. I will beg for money if I have to. We are doing everything in our power to bring her home. We just need a little help is all.
Thank you to everyone who as helped so far. Please know that it isn't taken for granted and that it makes a difference. Every penny, every prayer makes a difference.

5 comments:

  1. Great post, Lorene. Did I see on the Yahoo group that your dossier is in country now?? Does that mean you'll be submitted this Thursday?? That would be wonderful...if not then, I know it's coming soon for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing on the children's behalf Lorene. We could be traveling on your heals possibly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I doubt we will be able to be submitted on Thurs. It will likely not be until Apr. 14 unfortunately.
    Carolyn, I'm hoping our travel overlaps - I could use someone there who's "been there, done that"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the reminder that your adoption of Ember is not about what is best and easiest for you and your busy family! It is about responding to God's leading you to Ember to give her a chance at a better life. We are so very proud of you! I know what a sacrifice this is to you and your family! I pray that God will provide for you the necessary funds to give Ember that chance at not only a better life physicially but also spiritually!

    We love you!
    Gary/Mom G

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been asked this question OFTEN RE our four adopted children. They each have emoctional needs that most will never understand and our family life has changed in ways I would of never imagined but yes it is WORTH IT. We broke a cycle we are serving God and we are doing everything in our power to give all six of our children the life they all deserve. Some days I may cry some days I laugh some days I want to lay in bed and just let God take the pain away . The pain that my children suffered the pain I suffered as a foster child just take it all away and he IS. Daily he is healing us all and showing us we CAN do it.

    worth it? totally

    ReplyDelete