Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why?

I know people wonder. Why would we CHOOSE to add not only another baby to our family but a HANDICAPPED baby. A baby who we know so little about. A baby that is going to cost us more money than we have to bring her home. A baby that will need many hours of medical care and attention.

Sienna has taught me why. Imagine looking at her and seeing nothing of value. Seeing only shame and a burden. A life not worth living. Sienna has given me more in 18 mos. that I will ever be able to give her.
In Ember's home country children like Sienna and Ember are usually thrown away. Rejected. Our eyes are open now. I've seen and read how these children are treated. What their lives will be like if not adopted. I can not turn away from that knowledge. I can't make a difference for all the children who need help, but I can help one.
Look at her face. She looks so concerned. So worried.

This process is hard. It is humbling. Looking at her face, I know it is worth it.

1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful!!! I am soooo excited for you. Praying you will bring her home soon. Can't wait to see Sienna and Ember together. Praying for you often, Grace

    ReplyDelete