Monday, December 6, 2010

The immediate needs

This adoption isn't easy for many reasons, and yet it is easy in many ways. It is easy to know we can provide a loving, Christian home for Tasha. It is easy to make room for her here in our home. Easy to know we are doing the right thing. It is NOT easy to not be scared. There is a lot of unknowns when adding a child with special needs that we've never even met or even have any information other than a picture and birth date. And money. Money is a big factor and we are trusting in God for this. Honestly we can not adopt her without help. While we have the home, the time, the love, we don't have the $24,000 it will take to bring her home. I trust that if she is meant to be a part of our family then God will somehow provide the money. This is hard for us. It is humbling to be at the mercy of others for money. I am NOT comfortable asking for money from anyone. But this is my reality. We NEED donations to help bring Tasha home. Her 1st birthday is Dec. 8. A donation would make a wonderful present don't you think? In addition to money our family needs prayers. Tasha needs prayers. Pray that we can make what seems impossible happen. $24,000 is a big mountain for us to climb.

4 comments:

  1. So glad this was Tasha's last birthday without a family. Hope to send something to help you soon. ~ Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am over the moon that you have stepped forth in faith to adopt Tasha. I have been a follower of RR for a long time now and Tasha has always been on my mind. I am incredibly thankful that she wil become your daugther and I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Tasha.....we know that the Lord will provide for you. We have been praying for her. We could not adopt her because we have to wait for our home study to approve us for a child older than our daughter.
    Once you bring her home check out the resources available through the war amps....their great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations again! I'm really happy for you, starting this very exciting time! Let me know when you have a button so I can post it!

    ReplyDelete